Warning signs of suicide where professional help is needed
Someone showing signs of :
- Persistent crying;
- Loss of interest in previously pleasurable activities;
- Rage, anger, seeking revenge;
- Acting reckless/engaging in risky activities;
- Feeling trapped (like there is no way out);
- Increasing alcohol or drug use;
- Withdrawing from friends, family or society;
- Anxiety, agitation, unable to sleep/sleeping all the time;
- Giving away possessions;
- Dramatic changes in mood; or
- No reason for living; no sense of purpose in life.
Action: Seek help for someone by contacting your GP or VVCS and read the page “I am worried about myself”.